FIRST BURN: It is imperative the first burn is long enough to allow the wax to melt evenly across the entire candle surface right to the edge of the tin. This may take several hours to achieve depending on the size of your candle. Allowing a shorter burn may create a 'memory' in the wax and cause the candle to tunnel down on subsequent burns rather than melting evenly.
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Always be sure to extinguish all candles before leaving the room or going to sleep.
Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans, etc and never place near anything flammable.
Ensure candles are kept out of reach from children and pets, and cannot be easily knocked over.
Wicks should be trimmed to 5mm length before each use. Ensure you clean any debris from the wick out of the candle before lighting. Trimming the wick ensures the flame will not be too large (you should have an even, teardrop shaped flame) and also reduces carbon build-up on the wick tip which can cause the candle to soot or smoke.
A lumpy surface after burning is a feature of natural soy wax. This is purely cosmetic and your candle will still burn perfectly.
When not in use, store candles in a cool, dry place with the lid on to preserve their scent. Soy wax is very sensitive and may react to being left in direct sunlight by discolouring or by "sweating" the fragrance oils from the wax. If this occurs, clean up any excess oils with some paper towel until it is completely dry. Do not light candles if oil remains on the surface.
Avoid burning candles right down to the bottom of the tin as this may cause heat damage to surfaces.
Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours. Allow candles to have a short rest for 2-4 hours before relighting.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.